www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from deantwan. Make your own badge here.
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I graduated with a B.A. in English, seeking to do something with it.

This weblog is neither affiliated with, nor sanctioned by my employer.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

We all have a particular preference in life.
For example, I love UofL sports because my mother does.
I prefer one sports team over another. I prefer this team so much that I would say that I loved this team. This should leave no doubt in anyones mind that I love UofL, except for the question why? Why do I love UofL so much.
Because my mother expose me to this team? Sure, since she was my only guide showing me sports at an early age I loved what she loved. So now I think, is that my preference? Obviously not, it was not my choice to watch sports, it was brought and then taught to me. I began to wonder what else are brought and taught behaviors? My favorite colors, Yes red and black,
Taught!
My love for art,
taught!

Even my love for women with big smiles,
all are taught!

So the question remains, who da hell are we. Are we smaller Versions of our parents,
or our society,


maybe our culture.


Sometimes we try our damnedest to be ourselves,
But all we do is end up looking strange to the rest of the world.

Comments on ""

 

post a comment